If you’ve been injured in a truck accident in British Columbia, your injuries may be putting your life on hold. You could be worrying about affording medical bills or missing work when you should be resting and recovering. While you may think that all you need to do is file a truck accident claim, you can help yourself more if you hire legal representation.
A Vancouver truck accident lawyer from Wishart Brain & Spine Law can help you with your claim so you can get full compensation for the accident. We know how tractor-trailer collisions can cause severe injuries and damages. We won’t settle early or for less than what you need.
With our help, you can recover the following damages:
- Medical Expenses
- Lost Wages
- Loss of Earnings
- Pain & Suffering
- Punitive Damages
Wishart Brain & Spine Law proudly represents the citizens of Vancouver. We’re here to give you peace of mind that someone is looking out for your best interests.
Vancouver Truck Accident Statistics
The Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC) tracks different kinds of crashes in British Columbia, including heavy vehicles. The ICBC classifies heavy vehicles as having a vehicle weight that’s greater than or equal to 10,900 kg.
- There were 15,000 incidents in 2016.
- 3,300 people were injured.
- There were 56 fatalities.
The average crashes from 2012-2016 show that there were about 13,000 incidents, 3,200 injured victims, and 58 fatalities.
On Vancouver Island, there were 1,300 incidents in 2016. 220 people were injured and 7 people lost their lives. The five year average from 2012-2016 is 1,100 incidents, 230 injuries, and 5 fatalities.
Since the ICBC handles truck accident liability claims, it will investigate your claim and the other party’s claim. While the ICBC will examine both sides of the claim, this doesn’t guarantee that they’re prioritizing your rights. A Wishart Vancouver truck accident lawyer will make sure your rights are protected and upheld.
What Causes British Columbia Truck Accidents?
Driver negligence can cause major accidents. It only takes a second of not paying attention to the road or driving aggressively for something to go wrong.
Truck accidents can be caused by:
- Speeding. Truck drivers going above the speed limit will require more time to slow down the truck. They also risk flipping the truck over or running off the road. Speeding could also mean they’re tailgating cars following the speed limit and may not see them because there’s a blind spot in the front of a trunk.
- Distracted Driving. Cell phones are constantly distracting drivers. People could use them to communicate, to play music, or use the navigation feature. But when a driver looks at their phone, they can’t properly control their vehicle, much less react to anything on the road.
- Truck Driver Fatigue. Truck drivers have long hours and sometimes work under strict deadlines. It’s possible they’d choose to drive when they’re tired rather than lose time. Fatigued drivers don’t have control of the vehicle, can swerve into other lanes, and have slower reaction times.
- Mechanical Failure. Some truck companies don’t regularly maintenance their trucks, making them a hazard to the road. If any part of the truck is faulty, the driver could lose control of the vehicle and cause an accident. This could be an issue with the steering, brakes, engine, or even the headlights.
At Wishart Brain & Spine Law, we thoroughly investigate the accident to find what caused it and to prove liability. Using evidence like the crash scene, the driver’s records, their condition when the crash occurred, and eyewitnesses, we’ll gather all the facts to help show that their negligence caused your injuries.
Truck Accident Injuries
Accidents involving semi-trucks are more severe because they’re much heavier than the average car. Some of these injuries could have permanent damage or consequences that change your life forever. Recovering from severe injuries can be a long road of visiting doctors, taking medication, and going to rehabilitation therapy.
Sometimes, truck crashes can be fatal. Losing a loved one unexpectedly is a painful and devastating experience. You can file a wrongful death claim and Wishart Brain & Spine Law will help you get justice for your loved one.
Get Help from a Vancouver Truck Accident Lawyer
Our Vancouver truck accident attorneys at Wishart Brain & Spine Law are experienced and compassionate people who understand what you’re going through and will do everything to help you. We’re ready to find the issue that caused the accident and we will hold the responsible party liable for their actions.
You deserve a favorable settlement so you don’t have to worry about affording medical expenses or rushing to return to work. You can focus all your attention on healing and getting back to your everyday life.
Give us a call today at 1-855-WISHART so you can speak to a Vancouver tractor-trailer accident lawyer in a free consultation. We’ll help you start your path to recovery.