Many people enjoy the freedom of riding a motorcycle. Motorcycles are less bulky than cars, offer more movement when you are in traffic, and are fun to drive. Unfortunately, most motorcycle accident injuries are usually catastrophic.
Recovery from a motorcycle accident can require a long stay in hospital, extensive physical therapy, and there are often long term consequences that change your life forever. Wishart Brain and Spine Lawyers are skilled and compassionate. They have the experience required to make sure that you and your family will have what you need for your future.
Common Causes for Motorcycle Accidents
The most common motorcycle accidents are caused by speed and distracted driving. Other reasons include:
- Distracted driving
- Head on collision
- Driving impaired
- Left hand turn
- Dangerous road conditions
- Lane splitting
- Sudden stops
- Inexperienced driver
Motorcycle Driver Responsibility
- Motorcyclists have to meet several strict safety laws.
- Drivers must have a valid motorcycle license to operate a motorcycle on public roads.
- All motorcyclists and their passengers must wear helmets that meet regulated safety requirements
- Drivers must make sure they, and their passengers are seated properly
Most Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Broken bones and fractures
- Road rash.
- Concussion or traumatic brain injury
Vancouver Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to ICBC, British Columbia has an increasing amount of motorcycle crash injuries. Motorcycle drivers involved in crashes, are rarely found at fault. Motorcycles can be difficult to see on the road and drivers can misjudge how fast bikes travelling.
- In 2016, there were 2,600 accidents in British Columbia that injured 1,600 motorcyclists.
- 2015 had 1,500 motorcycle injuries in British Columbia.
- 32 motorcyclists died from those accidents in 2015.
- Accidents tend to increase in spring and summer.
- On average, six motorcyclists are injured each day in British Columbia during the months of July and August.
Get Help from a Vancouver Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle accidents can be devastating physically, emotionally, and financially. While you are recovering, Wishart Brain & Spine Lawyers are here to negotiate with the insurance companies for you. We can help you get the medical care, and financial assistance you need for your best recovery possible. Contact a Vancouver motorcycle accident lawyer today at 1-855-WISHART and we’ll discuss the details of your case, and your best options. Your first consultation is always free.