Slip and Fall
Accidents happen. If you have been seriously injured as the result of a slip and fall accident you may want to speak with one of our personal injury lawyers.
Property owners have a responsibility make sure that people are safe on their property. If you are injured while visiting someone’s property, the owner will argue that the injury was your fault. Slip and fall injury claims can be difficult to prove. Our experienced personal injury lawyers will help to determine if the property owner was negligent and if you are entitled to any compensation for your injury.
Common causes of slip and fall accidents are:
- Poor lighting
- Wet, slippery floor
- Failure to post wet floor warning signs
- Icy walkways
- Torn or uneven carpeting on slippery surfaces
- Failure to meet building codes
Common injuries sustained from slip and fall accidents:
- Concussion or Brain injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Torn muscles, tendons, and ligaments
- Broken bones such as hip, leg, ankles, wrists
- Bruises and cuts
Information a lawyer will require when you meet:
- Date, time, and exact location of the accident – photograph of the location is best
- Name and contact information of anyone who witnessed the accident
- Name of any medical professional(s) that treated your injury
- Medical records
- Expense receipts – Physiotherapy, prescriptions
- Documents from insurance companies.
If your slip and fall injury was not your fault, and your daily life has been seriously affected, there may be financial help for your recovery. Our lawyers are here to help. Contact us your first consultation is always free at Wishart Brain and Spine Law.