What are the best questions to ask at a free consultation with a lawyer? Time is limited at free consultations with lawyers, so we put together a list of the best questions to ask for you.
- What is your experience in handling legal matters similar to mine?
- What are the potential outcomes of my case, and what are the risks and benefits of pursuing it?
- What are the legal fees and costs associated with my case, and how do you charge for your services?
- How long do you expect my case to take, and what is the process involved?
- How will you communicate with me throughout the case. What can I expect in terms of updates and progress reports?
- What is your availability, and how often can I expect to speak with you directly?
- Do you have experience in negotiating settlements or taking cases to trial?
- Will you be the primary lawyer overseeing my case, or will it be assigned to another lawyer or legal team?
- Are there any potential obstacles or challenges that you foresee in my case? How do you plan to address them?
- What other options do I have for resolving my legal matter? What are the pros and cons of each option?
Why asking the best questions are important.
Knowing what the best questions to ask at a free consultation are will help you understand the lawyer’s experience and expertise in managing your legal matter. In addition, you will know the potential costs and timeline involved in your case. Finally, you can gain insight into the lawyer’s communication style and availability, and their approach to resolving your specific legal matter. You may also want to ask if they are members of the BC Trial Lawyer’s Association or any other legal association.
Wishart Brain & Spine Law offers all our clients a free consultation. It is a terrific way to make sure that you are going to get the best outcome for your situation without added financial stress. If you would like to speak with one of the lawyers at Wishart Brain & Spine Law about your situation give us a call at 1-604-674-9331. You can also use the contact us link on this page.